While COVID-19 continues to disrupt the world’s economies, Hong Kong’s Smart Government Innovation Lab has sustained its release of solutions develops by its various incubatees.
Recently, another one of its supported firms has developed a solution that is now ready to be acquired by other firms, government agencies and academic institutions.
- Virtual Secure Element: Building on the industry-leading patented V-OS Virtual Secure Element, V-Key has developed a highly secure framework that integrates with mobile apps to secure them against advanced persistent threats, trojans, and rootkits.
- Protection with Threat Intelligence: V-OS secures sensitive processing and data, ensuring app integrity when deployed, and safeguarding user privacy even if the device is lost or compromised.
- Device integrity checks for malware
- File system integrity checks to detect backdoors and rootkits
- App integrity checks against tampering
- Network integrity checks against MITM attacks on Data-in-Transit
- Secure Cryptographic functions for both Data-at-Rest and Data-in-Use
- Secure Anti-Fraud Keyboard
- Threat Intelligence Security Management: Designed as the Mobile Threat Command and Control system, enterprises can configure security policies to manage attack response and control.
- Collect Real-time App Threats
- OTA Policy Updates
- Extensive RESTful web services
- Integrate easily with MDMs, SIEMs, and other Threat Analytic Engines for seamless management
The solution can be applied in the areas of Broadcasting, City Management, Climate and Weather, Commerce and Industry, Development, Education, Employment and Labour, Environment, Finance, Food, Health, Housing, Infrastructure, Law and Security, Population, Recreation and Culture, Social Welfare as well as Transport.
The solution employs Mobile Technologies as well as App Shielding/App Protection technology.
- High banking/military-grade Mobile App Security Solution
The V-OS Application Protection deploys multi-layered security mechanisms to help secure the mobile application. The V-OS and V-OS App Protection layers make it extremely difficult for an attacker to gain access to the critical data, even with full access to the mobile phone.
The solution can do this because the interaction of the secured virtual machine model and the dynamic protection mechanisms maintain control over the mobile environment and denies an attacker the ability to control the virtual machine execution flow for analysis.
V-OS secures sensitive processing and data, ensuring app integrity when deployed, and safeguarding user privacy even if the device is lost or compromised.
- Robust and also provide Software-As-A-Service for rapid deployment if needed
With V-OS Cloud, customers can deploy the same powerful V-OS App Protection and V-OS Smart Token solutions without additional V-Key server software on-premise. This reduces the total cost of ownership, shortens time to value, and simplifies customer support.
About the Smart Government Innovation Lab
In 2018, the Government established the Smart Government Innovation Lab to explore hi-tech products such as AI and relevant technologies, including machine learning, big data analytics, cognitive systems and intelligent agent, as well as blockchain and robotics from firms, especially local start-ups.
The Lab is always on the lookout for innovation and technology (I&T) solutions that are conducive to enhancing public services or their operational effectiveness.
I&T suppliers are encouraged to regularly visit the Lab’s website to check on the current business and operational needs in public service delivery and propose innovative solutions or product suggestions to address them.