Your privacy matters to us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the Controller is CIO Network Pte Ltd of 205 Henderson Road, Singapore 159549.
What information we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites (our site), by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail and through your registration for a trade show, conference or any form of event. We may record your phone calls with us for quality control and for governance purposes. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site and/or our services on the basis of your consent and may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- Registration for attendance at certain OpenGov Asia trade shows, conferences and events;
- Subscriptions to OpenGov Asia publications, including e-newsletters; and
- To access certain features or functions of our Site for example white papers etc.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or providing your information to others.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register for our events or sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Disclosure of your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You agree that we have the right to share such portions of your personal information as may be appropriate with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Professional organisations including hotels and venue owners, as well as our event sponsors and exhibitors. Speakers’ profiles including their images may be shared on CIO Network Pte Ltd event websites and indexed by search engines, for example Google.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CIO Network Pte Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. For more, see Google’s AdWords Policy. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
What do we do with your information when you terminate your relationship with us?
In general, we will only retain your information for the time necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. However, we may continue to store anonymous or anonymised information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
Your rights. You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty;
- Access your personal information and have it corrected, amended or deleted;
- Receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- At any time, to object to our processing of your personal information which we will comply with unless we demonstrate a compelling legitimate ground for processing such that overrides your rights; and
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to instruct us to restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
If you wish to raise a complaint and initiate and investigation on how we have handled your personal data, or request a copy of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
If at any time you would like to opt out of emails, please use the unsubscribe button located within the email.
For questions regarding this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
CIO Network Pte Ltd
205 Henderson Road, #05-02A Singapore (159549)
Tel: +65 6303 0680